Combing the small town, front porch life the south is known for with the vibrancy of Uptown living, Elizabeth is the best of both worlds—and affordable! This neighborhood also boasts Charlotte’s first ever movie theater, The Visulite, which is still open as a live music venue. The continued legacy of this historical business sums up everything you need to know about this neighborhood.
In a Word: Vibrant
Location: Southeast, bordering Uptown
- Elementary: Ashley Park, Dilworth
- Middle: Alexander Graham, Ashley Park
- High: Myers Park, West Charlotte
- Private: Trinity Episcopal School
Average home price: Homes: $300k- $800k
Condos: $130k- $150k
Types of homes: A wide variety, including charming bungalows, brick single-family homes, and new condos and town-homes.
- Great restaurants and entertainment
- Easy access to Uptown
- Undergoing a revitalization
- Can be expensive for family living
- Houses and condos on the smaller end
Best for: Anyone looking to settle down without giving up city life.
This is just a general glimpse into Elizabeth, for more information or specifics please contact
Eastover was the first true “suburb” in Charlotte—where sedate homes were built with a mind towards bankers and business owners with room for their china cabinet and their cars. This historic neighborhood has only increased its value and it’s retained its Original Gangster feel. Just look at who used to live here: John Belk, yeah that Belk.
In a Word: O.G.
Location: Southeast of Uptown
- Elementary: Eastover, Billingsville
- Middle: Alexander Graham
- High: Myers Park
- Private: New Performance Learning Center, Metro School, Presbyterian Academy, Bethune Mays Classical Academy
Average home price: Condos can be found starting at $100k.
Single Family Homes begin at $500k and only go up from there.
Types of homes: Some luxury condos, stately single-family homes and treasured historic homes.
- Close to Uptown
- Easy access to restaurants and entertainment
- Parks and Arts & Culture within walking distance
- Very expensive
- Limited condos
Best for: The individual who wants everything.
This is just a general glimpse into Eastover, for more information or specifics please contact
If city living is your speed, but you want to feel like you’re living in a distinct city and not any city, SouthEnd is where you want to be. The Lynx light rail and preservation efforts really brought life back into this historic community. It’s got all the feel of where Charlotte has been, plus the vision of where Charlotte is going. The subdivisions of Atherton Mill and Camden Road offer easy commuting, bike paths, farmers markets, and new specialty stores and restaurants.
In a Word: Modern
Location: South West of Uptown
- Elementary: Dillworth
- Middle: Alexander Graham, Sedgefield
- High:West Charlotte
- Private: Metro School, New Performance Learning Center, Oasis Preforming Arts, St. Patrick
Average home price: Upper $100k to $2 million
Types of homes: Condos and lofts
- Up and coming modern living
- Easy access to Uptown
- No car needed
- High rise living
Best for: Modern professionals looking for the good life.
This is just a general glimpse into South End, for more information or specifics please contact