Combing the small town, front porch life the south is known for with the vibrancy of Uptown living, Elizabeth is the best of both worlds—and affordable! This neighborhood also boasts Charlotte’s first ever movie theater, The Visulite, which is still open as a live music venue. The continued legacy of this historical business sums up everything you need to know about this neighborhood.
In a Word: Vibrant
Location: Southeast, bordering Uptown
- Elementary: Ashley Park, Dilworth
- Middle: Alexander Graham, Ashley Park
- High: Myers Park, West Charlotte
- Private: Trinity Episcopal School
Average home price: Homes: $300k- $800k
Condos: $130k- $150k
Types of homes: A wide variety, including charming bungalows, brick single-family homes, and new condos and town-homes.
- Great restaurants and entertainment
- Easy access to Uptown
- Undergoing a revitalization
- Can be expensive for family living
- Houses and condos on the smaller end
Best for: Anyone looking to settle down without giving up city life.
This is just a general glimpse into Elizabeth, for more information or specifics please contact
Eastover was the first true “suburb” in Charlotte—where sedate homes were built with a mind towards bankers and business owners with room for their china cabinet and their cars. This historic neighborhood has only increased its value and it’s retained its Original Gangster feel. Just look at who used to live here: John Belk, yeah that Belk.
In a Word: O.G.
Location: Southeast of Uptown
- Elementary: Eastover, Billingsville
- Middle: Alexander Graham
- High: Myers Park
- Private: New Performance Learning Center, Metro School, Presbyterian Academy, Bethune Mays Classical Academy
Average home price: Condos can be found starting at $100k.
Single Family Homes begin at $500k and only go up from there.
Types of homes: Some luxury condos, stately single-family homes and treasured historic homes.
- Close to Uptown
- Easy access to restaurants and entertainment
- Parks and Arts & Culture within walking distance
- Very expensive
- Limited condos
Best for: The individual who wants everything.
This is just a general glimpse into Eastover, for more information or specifics please contact