Cotswold is the nice guy of Charlotte’s neighborhoods. It was developed around the shopping center after the same name, a hybrid mall that opened in 1963, and borders some of the best neighborhoods and schools. Cotswold will always help you move furniture or pick you up from the airport. It may be easy to overlook, but don’t sleep on the nice guy.
In a Word: Friendly
Location: South East, near Uptown
- Elementary: Billingsville, Cotswold, Eastover, Lansdowne, Rama Road
- Middle: Alaxender Graham, McClintock
- High: East Mecklenburg, Myers Park
- Private: Adventist Christian Academy, Alexander Children’s Center, Phillips Academy, St. Gabriel Catholic School.
Average home price: $100-160/ square foot
Types of homes: Brick ranches and split-levels, built on big lots and often recently renovated and updated.
- Close to city center
- Family friendly community
- Close shopping and restaurants
- Houses can require renovation
Best for: Families who aren’t ready to give up downtown living.
This is just a general glimpse into Cotswold, for more information or specifics please contact